FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- HOW MUCH DOES THE RACE COST?
Depends on when you sign up! Go here to see our rates.
- WHAT TIME DOES THE RACE START?
The 5K and 10K both start at 8:00 AM (subject to change) - The Kids Fun Run starts at 9:15 AM. Go here for a complete Race Day Schedule of events.
- HOW DO I REGISTER FOR THE SEMPER 5K OR 10K RUN? You have several choices: 1) Register online here (recommended!) until 6:00 PM Friday, May 17) register in person at the pre-race packet pick-up on Thursday, May 16th at the East Anaheim Community Center between the hours of 12:00 PM and 7:00 PM; or 3) register in person on race-day morning at Riverdale Park (walkup registration will be available from 6:00 AM until race start at 7:30 AM). Please note that there is no mail-in registration for this event.
- I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY ONLINE REGISTRATION. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Please contact us with any issues/concerns related to your online registration -- whether you're having difficulty completing the transaction or you have completed the registration process but there are errors that need to be corrected, we can help you! Note that you will receive a confirmation email when you have successfully registered. If you do not receive that email, contact us!
- I HAVE REGISTERED BUT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RUN THE RACE -- CAN I GET A REFUND?
Sorry, no. No refunds, no exceptions!
- CAN I TRANSFER MY BIB TO SOMEONE ELSE?
Sorry, no. Nor are you allowed to simply give your bib to someone else to run with. Doing so puts us at risk because we will not have a signed participant waiver on file for the individual who runs with your bib in your stead. Plus, it messes up our results and may even affect age group awards.
- WHEN AND WHERE CAN I PICK UP MY BIB AND T-SHIRT?
You can pick up all race materials in person either at the pre-race packet pick-up or on race day morning at the event. Go here for details.
- DO YOU MAIL OUT RACE BIBS AND T-SHIRTS? Only the Virtual race participants. Otherwise, you can pick them up at packet pick up or registration before the event on race day as noted in question above.
- CAN SOMEONE ELSE PICK UP MY BIB FOR ME? Yes. If several people from the same household (i.e., family members at the same address) are participating in the event, one person may pick up bibs and t-shirts for everyone in the group. If you would like a friend (i.e., someone with a different address) to pick up your race packet for you, s/he may do so with written authorization from you and a copy of your driver's license.
- IS THERE SOMEPLACE TO STASH MY STUFF DURING THE RACE?
Yes! Gear-check service is free to all event participants. Please securely attach the 'GEAR CHECK' tearoff on your bib to your bag and drop it off at the gear check booth before race start. This booth will be continuously staffed throughout the event. You will need to present your bib to claim your bag after the run.
- ARE STROLLERS ALLOWED ON THE COURSE? Yes, but if you are a slower runner/walker, please start at the back of the pack so as not to impede the progress of faster participants.
- ARE DOGS ALLOWED? We do allow you to run with your dog if it is leashed and well-behaved. Please be sure your furbabe is under your control at all times!
- IS THERE A COURSE TIME LIMIT? Time limit for the 5K is 90 minutes, which is about a 30-min/mile pace. If your pace is slower than that, you can still complete the course, but please be advised that you may not have the benefit of water stops, delineators, and traffic control on the course, and your finish time many not be electronically recorded if you are participating in the timed race.
- IS THE 5K&10K TIMED? Yes, state-of-the-art RFID chip timing will be provided by ChronoTrack.
- IS THE KIDS RUN TIMED? No.
- HOW MUCH DOES THE VENDOR EXPO COST? If you are a 5K&10K or kids run participant . . . nothing! Entry into the Vendor Expo is free with registration in either event.
- CAN I ATTEND AND BID ON ITEMS AT THE SILENT AUCTION IF I AM NOT A RACE PARTICIPANT? Absolutely! Anyone can visit the Silent Auction. We're sure everyone will find something they can't live without and will want to bid on! All items being auctioned off are donated which means 100% of Silent Auction proceeds are pure profit!
- WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT ARE ACCEPTED AT THE SILENT AUCTION? Your silent auction items can be paid for using cash, a check or your credit card.
- IF I CAN'T PARTICIPATE IN THE RACE BUT WANT TO MAKE A DONATION TO THE 13TH MEU, CAN I DO SO?
Most definitely!! Donations are welcome at any time. Please make your check payable to the Anaheim 13th MEU Adoption Committee and mail it to P.O. Box 6098, Anaheim, Ca 92816. If you want your donation earmarked for a particular event (ie Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Emergency Relief, etc) please note that on the memo line of your check. All donations are tax deductible and you will be mailed a tax receipt.